The iAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course includes:
All the theory and literature required for preparation and reference during the Advanced Rider course.
- The coaching you need to become an Advanced Rider:
- An initial assessment with one of our experienced National Observers who will review your riding and help you decide if the course will be of benefit to you.
- One to one coaching sessions with an allocated Observer who will mentor you through all aspects of advanced riding to iAM RoadSmart standards. Each session takes around 4 hours, typically 50% on the bike, 50% discussion. You can have as many sessions as you need to get to the required standard but typically most have 5 to 7 sessions.
- A final assessment with an independent National Observer who will ensure you are fully prepared.
- Your Test Fee is included
- A year’s membership of iAM RoadSmart
- A year’s membership of Nottingham Advanced Motorcyclists which includes entitlement to join ride outs, Group Nights and other group activities
- Qualified Observers giving you their own time, one to one
- The iAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course costs £149.
- An additional fee of £15 per session applies to go towards your volunteer Observer’s expenses
Think how much this would all cost if you went to a commercial training organisation.
- A Skill for Life! You will be a better, thinking, safer, smoother and more progressive rider – hence more confident
- Ride to the same system used by the police
- You will be a member of the iAM RoadSmart community and be better informed
- Potentially save on your insurance
- With Nottingham Advanced Motorcyclists you can enjoy group nights, ride outs and other social events
- Enjoy your riding more in the knowledge that you are riding better and more safely
Depending upon which research you read Advanced Motorcyclists are between 3 and 5 times less likely to have an accident than those who have not had Advanced Rider Training. That’s why Advanced Motorcyclists are offered discounts on insurance. But most importantly advanced riding increases your confidence and enables you to get more fun out of your motorcycling!
If you would like to sign up for the iAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider course or get further information please contact our Membership Secretary, Paul Phillips.